Tryouts for 2017-18 Season
Tryouts March 21-24th in the DHS Gym
Rising 10th-12th graders 2:30-4:30 pm
Rising 9th graders 5:00-7 pm
Please wear the following:
Rising 9th – Black shirts w/ black shorts and cheer shoes (or athletic shoes)
Rising 10th – White w/ black shorts and cheer shoes (or athletic shoes)
Rising 11th – Grey w/ black shorts and cheer shoes (or athletic shoes)
Rising 12th – Purple w/ black shorts and cheer shoes (or athletic shoes)
In order to tryout you MUST have a current physical, (stamped by the doctor), your insurance information, and a Duluth Athletic Parent Permission Form on file with the DHS Athletic Office. You will not be allowed to participate in tryouts until this is complete. Return the physical papers to the DHS Athletic Office or Coach Murphy in room 504. Middle school students can turn them into the box in the front office of the middle school. After March 15th, take physicals directly to DHS athletic office.
Steps for Tryouts:
1. Complete and turn you physical, insurance, and permission form to the athletic office at DHS as soon as possible. Click here to access the athletic forms
- The physical MUST be stamped by your doctor in order for it to be valid.
- Be sure to include your insurance # also. If you need to purchase insurance though the school click here to get instructions
- Read the Cheerleader Constitution and Guidelines in detail. Parent and cheerleader must agree to all conditions laid tryout and join a cheer squad at DHS. click here to read Constitution and Guidelines
- Read the Parent Permission Form. If your cheerleader makes the team, the parent will sign the permission forms (contract, transportation, media release) click here to read the Permission Form
- Read the Cheerleader Contract. If your cheerleader makes the team, the parent and cheerleader will sign and uphold the contract. click here to read the Cheer Contract
4. At least 3 teacher recommendations are required. Kindly request that your teacher fills out a recommendation for you. Teachers have all been sent the survey monkey code in their school email so you do not need to do any thing but request they complete the recommendation and follow up with them that it was done. I recommend writing them a note or email with your name so they remember to complete it for you. If you want something to print out and give them that is "official" you can use this form: Click here. Don't forget to sign your name so they know who gave it to them.
**It is recommended to follow up with them after a week to make sure it is completed.
5. Check the chart below to make sure you have completed all requirements to tryout. All boxes should be marked. If they are not, it is your responsibility to follow up with the necessary parties BEFORE the week of tryouts. Click here to check your tryout status.